450 Gallon Compact Brine Maker, Salt Brine, Liquid De-icing
The VSI 450 Brine Maker is perfect for small shops and business that don’t have access to bulk salt or a skid loader to load salt. The compact footprint allows for the unit to be tucked in a corner if space is at a premium. This unit is able to make a batch of brine in less than 10 minutes.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote.
- 220 Single Phase 5HP Electric Motor: Provides plenty of power to spin the 2” Banjo pump that it is paired to. Pump is self priming so drawing from storage tanks is a breeze. This motor lets you keep the shop air clean and is quiet enough to have a conversation next to it. Honda Gas pump is also available.
- Built-in Salinity Indicator: No more dipping a bucket or jug into the tank and dropping your hydrometer in to test the solution. This unit has a clear PVC tube built in with a hydrometer already inside. Just crack the valve open to let in new product from the pump and check the salinity anytime at just a glance.
- Operator Platform: Makes loading salt and inspection easy without hurting your back. Expanded metal surface so salt goes right through and doesn’t make the surface slippery. Also great for watching the salt dissolve right before your eyes, hours of fun!
- Ability to make 1,800 gallons of brine per hour: With the right water source this brine maker is able to keep up with a decent size operation. If you have a low flow water source a water storage tank with a float valve can help decrease your production time. We designed them as a batch system so the top tank stays full of salt, and the user keeps batching out the bottom tank to a storage tank.
- Full tube fork pockets: This unit has fork tubes that run along the bottom that are fully enclosed so there is no risk to the tank or the plumbing. The unit is able to be grabbed from the front or the back to allow for multiple positions. (Motor mounts are not fork pockets)
- Powder Coating: The skid is bead blasted, acid washed, epoxy primed, and powder coated for maximum durability. We spare no expense when it comes to protecting the skid from corrosion in harsh environments.
- Built-in filter: Filters the brine from the brine maker and storage tanks going to the sprayer. Any debris in the salt or animals that may end up in the brine maker will be caught in the filter.
- Air Purge ($350): Uses compressed air to clear the loading hose of product before you disconnect the the hose from the sprayer. Almost no wasted product and keeps the equipment and floor cleaner.
- Pro Flow w/ Shutoff ($2,650): Flow meter and spring loaded shutoff valve that are connected to your truck fill line. Enter the amount of gallons you want the system to put out, and the valve will automatically shut when the desired number of gallons is met. No more guessing if your mix is the same with every operator and accurately track product usage.
- Manifold System ($600): A set of connections and valves so you can load and draw from storage tanks, draw from your additive tanks, and draw from your water storage tank. Comes with 3 connections for any variety of liquids.
All items purchased via credit card will be subject to a 2.85% credit card fee surcharge.
Curious to learn more about liquid de-icing? Just ask—advice is free! We are an end user manufacturer, meaning that we started our manufacturing company because we focused on building equipment for our landscaping company (and still do) for years as an end user before we ever started selling any of it.
We know what works and have advanced to a point where we no longer use any granular de-icing products, liquid only at a much higher profit margin than we were making with salt. Liquid de-icing is the future, ask us how we can help you get there too! We truly believe this equipment can make your company more efficient and more profitable, let us show you how! Phone, online and nationwide onsite consultations are available.
“The VSI Guarantee”
At VSI, nothing is more important to us than your complete and total satisfaction with our products and customer service. From the day you buy it to the day you retire it, we want you to truly feel that the product you purchased served you as well or better than any piece of equipment you have ever owned.
We use only Honda engines on our machines. Our machines are tested by Honda to ensure they meet every specification and parameter so that your engine will last for a very long time and are backed by Honda’s 3 year commercial warranty.
We use Banjo pumps, valves and plumbing components on our machines. All Banjo products are warrantied for no less than 1 year from the date you purchase your machine.
At VSI we warranty our overall machines for 3 years from the date of purchase. We understand that downtime is expensive and will make sure to minimize it for you. Even if the part failure is your fault, we will overnight parts at wholesale cost to keep you up and running.
VSI is under no liability or obligation of any kind with respect to an issue with a VSI product that is directly or indirectly attributable to normal wear, corrosion, neglect, misuse, alteration, modification, improper handling, improper storage, improper installation, improper maintenance, improper repair, failure to follow VSI's oral or written instructions, damage during or after shipment, any VSI product for a purpose or application for which it is not fit or suitable.